Wednesday, September 15, 2010

First Post!

I am approaching my two year anniversary with crossfit...and today I had what felt like my worst workout ever.  And by worst, I mean tears (crocodile ones), hyperventilating, long break taking, and oddly enough an ear that kept popping. 

The workout, though terrible, seemed manageable enough.  Coach Ashley reminded us to think only about the exercise we were on, and not what was left to accomplish... easy enough, no?

Nutts:
10 Handstand Pushups
15 deadlifts (prescribed weight 185, I did 95 due to injury)
25 tall box jumps, I used a shorter one for some of them to keep it moving
50 pull ups (where things started to fall apart...I couldn't manage many consecutive pull ups so went to the band, which made me sad)
100 wall balls (with hip issues I couldn't manage a full squat, so I just did partials)
200 double unders
400 m run with plate.

The pull ups took forever. The wall balls as expected took awhile, but toward the end of not going into a full squat, (my hip has been acting out, due to overzealousness in performing splits in yoga) I felt like I was just cheating. The double unders caused things to get crazy.  I think I am pretty good at them, my cardiovascular endurance is another story.  When I am fresh they come fine, when tired they are few and far between.  I got through them in maybe 10-15 sets...maybe, and then the "run".  I walked, couldn't get comfortable with my plate, thought more and more about how pitiful I was, and then came the waterworks. 

I am thankful Ashley was there to talk to, cause I was a hot mess!  It is amazing how one single workout, can make you feel like you are in the worst shape of your life.  I felt like I would be further along in my two years of crossfitting than I am, but am working on embracing my accomplishments, and working toward my goals.  We talked about giving myself a chance to hit the restart.  I am going to assess where I am now, set some goals for 2010, and do work!  I signed up for crossfit because it is fun, and need not let it stress me out.  My blog will serve as a means to me to chronicle goals  (writing them down is the first step) and progress (the actual work), vent frustrations to prevent tears, and shout my accomplishments from the rooftops!

1 comment:

  1. This is fantastic! I look forward to reading and I hope it will inspire me to get off my fat tush. Love you!

    ReplyDelete