Saturday, September 25, 2010

my fight gone [very] bad

So today was fight gone bad. My two year anniversary if you will as this was my first bench mark. We didn't have issued notebooks then but I remember thinking I could remember everything I've done so I remember my score of 197 vividly cause I thought about it often. I also remember the day cause its the day after my friend Denise's birthday and we talked about it at dinner that night....

But today. I've been thinking about it often as it is reasonable to think of this benchmark as my true benchmark and judge my progress on this one wod. But having completed this wod with the poor score of 191 I am over the initial shock of my fail and beginning to rationalize with myself. I had two things going for me...1. I have had a pretty good week at crossfit, pullups felt good, I wasn't last every day and I was just feeling better in general, 2. I enjoyed my outfit today. But several signs pointed to poor performance... 1. Nutrition this week has been poor. Ice cream and pasta have both made appearances and I have not been properly hydrating. 2. I kept either procrastinating or getting bumped from heats so it was maybe a couple hours from having warmed up to actually working out. 3. This is what john thinks is my biggest issue today but I went in to it with a poor attitude. After waiting so long I was over it. I didn't want to do it and kept saying so throughout the wod. I had no drive to pushed through and was the queen of breaktaking all over. It was rough. But it is motivating to get my diet back on track and work on my self talk and positive thinking. I hope my bathroom sink can support my weight cause I am hopping right on up there to tell myself how awesome I am!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.0

No comments:

Post a Comment