Friday, October 1, 2010

...and I'm back!!

After my fight gone bad fiasco, John suggested I take a week off, I thought he was a bit off on that, but 4 consecutive 12 hour days did not make waking up at 5:30 am easier to get there at 6:15.  But today was the day, the start of a new month is always a little more motiviating.

This morning I was a tad tardier than I like to be, so I only got through a few push ups before Stew announced group warm up.  We did some med ball drills (dislike) and then were ready to work.  Today's strength work was the snatch.  With snatch I don't always follow the prescribed sets (not gonna lie) but I was pretty close today, we did sets of 3 reps at 40, 50, 60 and 75, and then 5 reps at 90% of 1RM.  My recorded 1RM is 78.  I did a few reps with the 33# bar, then added tens to start my sets at 53.  Everytime I start these I am reminded that I need to work on my overhead squat, but after a few attempts I felt more comfortable and got my stride.  I completed my 5 reps at 73, and they felt okay, so I was happy.  What was to be my 5th rep got shaky so I did another and finished on a good note.  The wod was Annie, 50-40-30-20-10 of double unders and situps.  I did okay, I was shooting for sub 10 but got 10:17 which I believe is still a pr for me.  Double unders were not so bad, though sit ups were slow.  I enjoy the 6:15 class because there are more people to keep pace with, if only it meant getting more sleep. 


I have also decided to do the Carolina Crossfit Challenge in December.  I'm not doing this because I think I will beat everyone, but because it is a good time.    Last year I competed and did clean and jerks for the first time with 95 pounds, and toes to bar for the first time in a wod.  It was a good time and after I felt more motivated and encouraged.  This year I hope to just complete the wods, and give myself something to work toward.  The days when I don't feel encouraged to eat clean I can think about that and have a little bit of a push. 

No comments:

Post a Comment