Thursday, October 14, 2010

JOY!

I have started several different posts about this week, but I am in a little bit of a funk.  Crossfit has been going okay, but at work we have to take all the classes on our group fitness schedule by the end of the month, which means 18 classes in 18 days.  The part I struggle with is the fact that I am not "in shape" enough to breeze through all of them, and even though I have been taking exercising twice daily all week, I am  still 2 pounds heavier than my most recent "heavy" weight.  So instead of wallowing in it, I am finding joy in the little things.

-I was able to snatch 83 pounds.  It was a pr, and just made me happy to think about throwing elementary school Lindsay in the air, and catching her over my head in a full squat.  That is awesome if you ask me.
-I really like workouts with cleans in them, I didn't think they were my best lift, but maybe.  I feel strong when I can rep them out.  My working weight in them seems to be a higher percentage of my 1RM, or maybe I have a ridiculous 1RM I have yet to find.
-Yesterday Ron and I ended up at the same crossfit class.  We are both friends with John (my husband), who is strong and fast and awesome.  He can eat whatever he wants and lose weight. Ron and I don't have that luxury, (though he is strong and fast and awesome as well).  Ron is also a hard worker, and his own hype man, so when we got to ring dips at the same time and repped them out it was fun, as before that I was splitting them up, but with Ron counting, I knew I couldn't stop.
-Today we get to take zumba, which I am fit and coordinated enough for, it is pretty wrong that I am excited to see the boys outside of their comfort zone.

I will find more. (cause I am awesome)

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog! I think you're awesome, Lindsay. Keep up the hard work... it's paying off! And congrats on the snatch PR!

    ReplyDelete