Wednesday, October 27, 2010

lulu doesn't make you faster...

This week at Crossfit Durham is coaches week, meaning each coach gets to make up their own torture.  Monday I was a hot mess when I woke up.  I was pretty tired and thought back to last week when I felt this way and had a terrible workout, and decided to let myself sleep in as we were taking flo yoga at work, and thought I could do some skill work before class.  I forgot several things and had to run up and down stairs and in and out of rooms several times and ended up arriving just in time for class, so no skill work for me.  Yoga was pretty good though, it was a slower paced class, so while we didn't get to work on sun salutation or standing lunges etc, I did get a good stretch.  Yesterday I was planning to take body flow with a friend, but that fell through.  I wasn't feeling quite 100% so I opted to take a nap rather than go experience the torture that was bodyblasters.  It combined my slowest exercises, burpees, pull ups and knees to elbows, and I imagine that would take me almost forever.

Today we had a vicious little workout from coach Ashley, who is the sweetest little thing, but has an evil torturous streak when it comes to workouts.  It was 8 rounds of 3 overhead squats, 3 back squats, 3 push press, and 3 front squats followed by 200 m run with 95lbs for boys 65 for ladies.  So if you thought that out it is a mile of running, with a lot of squats. The lifting part I enjoyed, I got through most rounds, the last round I didn't brace properly and bailed on an overhead squat.  The running made this just out of my wheel house.  I need to work on my running and this was a helpful reminder.  I ended up walking some because I simply could not breathe, I am pretty sure I let myself get worked out and forget about breathing, and then panic and have a crazy breathing pattern.  And as you can see from the title, my new lulu pants did not help me in any way.  They are said to "reduce bounce" which just means theyre tight...but they are super cute, so I hope I at least looked stylish trudging up and down that hill.  So from what I hear we have some more hellacious workouts coming up, so I am gearing up for this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment