Friday, October 22, 2010

This past week...

Oh geez it's been a while.  This week felt crazy, though it was a short work week technically, but I just got yesterday off so I recharged and am preparing myself to work basically the rest of this month.  Last month with close out, I worked 12 hour days the last week of the month, and diet and exercise fell off, but I won't let myself do that this month, I prepped food that will last me at least through the weekend, and then will go from there with next week's meals.  I am finding it very necessary this week to eat clean as I have put on a few lbs...(which also makes pull ups/push ups etc harder) and have had very low energy.  After my day off I feel a bit recharged, so we shall see how the week goes.

This week felt good in  terms of workouts.  The beginning of the week we were gung ho about getting all the group exercise classes at work done.  We took Body Step on Saturday.  I am not a step person, not because I am uncoordinated, I just dislike it, but the instructor was great so she made it almost fun.  We took Total Body Conditioning Monday, which was more my speed, there were 12 stations, and we did 3 rounds of a minute at each station.  I may make another appearance there just to switch things up.  We did Body Flow on Tuesday which is a fusion of yoga pilates and tai chi.  I forgot how much I actually enjoy that class, it is a nice stretch combined with some flowy almost dancey things, and have plans to take it again with another coworker. 

I am enjoying crossfit a lot this week.  They hosted the Pendlay Olympic lifting seminar on Saturday which I was sorry to miss, but this week and for the next six weeks we have been focusing on oly lifts a lot.  I went on Sunday and the lift was front squats and then we did the most miserable amrap that involved squat cleans which made me want to vom after all the heavy front squats we did so I sucked it up, but I was impressed that after the long day I had Saturday that ended with 2am hot dogs in Raleigh I was even up and at em enough for class. 

Wednesday we worked on snatches for the lift which I worked on comfortably at 53# for 20 reps.  The workout after that was 21-15-9 overhead squats, pull ups and push ups.  None of that was working for me, so I probably should have stayed in bed like I wanted to but oh well. 

Yesterday we worked on split jerks, which are just unnatural to me.  I worked up to 95 and stayed there.  I can complete regular jerks comfortably there, but we figured out that I was jumping forward rather than just down, so working on that, and then followed with front squats and worked up to 150.  The wod was 5 rounds of 15 hang power cleans and burpees.  Goodness I hate burpees, but I was able to complete the last round unbroken.  I asked John if it was normal to have a bruise from the cleans, he said yes, but when I showed him it was only on one leg we figured my form needs a  little evaluation. 

Today we worked on snatches again.  I started with 53, and then a boy asked me to switch bars with him.  I normally use a women's bar (33#) for snatches because I can build with real plates from a lower starting weight, but when I switched I jumped to 65#.  He told me to brag about lifting more than a boy...so here you go.  Working at 65 was a little wierd because the bar is a bit thicker than I ever use, but I finally got it after a little bit.  My landing was a bit wobbly so Stew had me focus on catching my balance and then squatting, then putting  the movements together, and working on never looking down, not even to put your hands on the bar, which was harder.  I got a few more solid ones and then stopped at a pretty good one.  The wod was a 12 minute amrap of pull ups, push ups and double unders.  The first round I did amazingly then promptly slowed down, so I just need to work on pacing. I probably could have worked a bit quicker, just a mental thing/my arms didn't want to work all the time.  I may have miscounted, but I counted 6 rounds (I'm just confused because I thought I was a round behind Renee who had 6, but she did too many double unders).  I took the most glorious nap ever, and then made it to work.  I will be at work all weekend, so will miss the workouts, but have big plans to do some endurance stuff.

Can I also mention how excited I am about the opportunity to wear my sweater dresses (though I don't like the cold weather).  I am not so excited about pants but maybe some clean eating with perk me up about that.   

No comments:

Post a Comment