Thursday, October 28, 2010

ask me about my running!

So my running was embarrassingly slow today...like I wouldn't let Dave write my score on the board...like if John wasn't with me, tears would have ensued. It is now very very very uncomfortable to be this slow.  So we have an action plan for me to run 3 days a week in addition to my crossfit.  This should build up my wind so lifting should get easier as well, I just need to stretch a bunch as the past two days of running have left me wrecked.  I had it in my brain that I need to do endurance the 3 hours after/before crossfit, but with my schedule and the fact that it gets dark early, I am just going to do it right after or before crossfit depending on what time I go.  I tell you so you can ask me how my running is going. In the event of rain it may be rowing. (cause that sucks too) I rowed 2k on Sunday, and thought I PRd, but it was not the case.

To track my progress...here are my November running goals:
10 minute mile (yes I am that slow)
2:00 400m which I know is manageable as the last time I ran 400m repeats I got them to 1:47...but lately in wods my 400s have been 2:30 plus... so 2:15 in wods.

There is also a 5K the day after the challenge...it is a terrible day to run, in addition to it being a hilly 5K, but if I run it I don't have to work it...so I would like to run that one sub 30.

1 comment:

  1. Lindsay - way to have a goal and a plan to get there! I know it sucks to have to come to terms with a weakness like that. I am in the same place with my strength right now - triathlon season has left me embarrassingly short of my spring PRs (which were far from stellar in the first place). Let's get after it! If you ever need advice in the endurance department, feel free to hit me up. It's my passion. (And believe it or not, there was a time when a sub 30-minute 5k was my goal, too...)
    xo Erin

    ReplyDelete