Friday, August 26, 2011

sooo...um...

I am still here. I still have a blog.  I still exercise...kinda.  I have battled sickness, busy-ness, and now injuryness but I will make it through.  Last week some time I hurt my back, I believe from hyperextension while doing a jerk.  It has left me having a hard time moving, as your back connects everything together (like mayo on a sandwich).  That combined with my eating junk for the past few weeks has left me feeling kinda junky.  I am travelling for the next three weekends, so I am having a bit of a hard time working on eating my best, though I know that is going to be the best way to help decrease inflammation and get back to normal. 

Workouts have been meh to medium.  I had some good moments, like my 30 unbroken double unders which Amy Scott describes here.  I've had some terrible ones, where we were doing Elizabeth (21-15-9 squat cleans (with 95#) and ring dips) and it hurt so bad, but I decided it better to quit rather than drop weight as I have never done it without the Rx weight, even though I can't do ring dips rx, so who cares. 

I took a dance class with my bestie James  who choreographs for Beyonce and a bunch of people 10 years younger than me,we then went out on the town and then I made him teach me video choreography until 4 am.   I thought I was back in school (cause that's what I did in college every day) and now I am paying for it. 

But I will get back at least to normal.  Focusing on eating better.   I worked out this morning when I didn't wanna cause I knew I would feel better and I was right.  I just need to remember that daily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment