Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I'm back!  I think.  This weekend I am in a wedding, and the dress is a bit snug.  I would like to have the freedom to drop it like it's hot, so I have been focusing on proper eating and making it to the gym, even when I don't wanna, if only for the week before. 

Yesterday I planned to make it a two a day, and head in for one of the morning sessions, but sleep monster said NO. So I headed in for 6 PM planning to just do the wod, as the endurance wod was a partner wod, and I dislike those.  But I was lured in, and was able to complete the wod on my own.  So, I  am not really sure what the world is coming to, but I paid a man to yell at me while I ran in the rain.  The wod was 200 m, 400m 800 m, 400 m, 200 m.  If as a partner wod, they alternated and ran one more 800.  My  split times were 55 s, 2:10, 5:00, 2:10?, 30 s!!!!!!!!!!!!.  And even now I doubt myself, as my math may have been off, but no really, I ran 200 m in 30 seconds. GO ME!  Not bad for having missed endurance for more than a month.  I then stayed for the wod, even though Amy Scott tried to get me to celebrate Dr. Shirey's 100 # Snatch(!) with watermelon cocktails.  The strength work was hang cleans, which I will admit I slacked off on. and then the wod, 15-10-5 man makers, with 50 double unders in the middle.  It was crazy! It took me the longest of everyone, but I did it.

This morning I made it in for the 7:15, they had an abnormally large class, and didn't seem as excited for all the new faces, one said, we were just spoiled by 3 person classes... I have been a member almost forever, and used to have 8:30 basically to myself, but the more the merrier (I think) as long as you are not psycho about everything.  The strength work was the jerk, I did two at 65, and decided my back wasn't working, so just foam rolled, for the rest of the strength.  The wod was 21-15-9 push press, ring dips, push ups with shuttle runs in the middle.  I opted to go very light weight as my shoulders were still hurty from yesterday, with the 33, and ring dips I would have done a blue band with a skinny purple just in case, but that wasn't available so I just did green.  Doug called me out on the shuttle runs, as I didn't see that the purpose was to turn around, so I just ran straight through.    So with the wod heavily scaled, I finished first.  Go me! (kinda)

John has decided he wants to compete in the Carolina Fitness Challenge, as Jonathan Denton will compete if he does!!! But this means diet will be under control. 

No comments:

Post a Comment