Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Day 9...54 to go!

I am going to attempt to blog more regularly!  Promise!  When I looked at Sunday's schedule,  there was a 9 am Endurance coached by one of my favorites: Pauly P, as well as an endurance-y wod coached by Paul.  When I woke up I was tired, so let myself sleep in until the 11 AM wod.  I did not feel like getting up to make myself real food, so instead I ate what I could find, one meatball, one egg, and fruit...not my best work.  I walked in to a warm up of glute bridges, jumping air squats, and kettlebell swings (and geez were my glutes warm).  We then did tabata rowing (20 seconds on, 10 off), and we were to row our bodyweight in watts.  This for me at my high bodyweight was a challenge, Paul said it proves I just need to be more powerful...oh okay.  Then the wod, as there were three of us, Paul offered to be my partner, for:.


In team of two, complete the following for time:
8 x 200 Meter Runs – Alternate Athletes (each run 4)
200 Double Unders
2K Row (Switch every 250 Meters)
200 Double Unders
8 x 200 Meter Runs


If you were unaware, Paul runs really fast, we likened him to a wind up toy during the wod as his feet just move.... So I got little rest.  My first 200 felt good, the rest felt like torture.  I could not string together double unders, and owe him like a thousand.  Rows felt fine, but all in all this was terrible, I think especially because it was cold outside, and my ears hurt pretty bad from pressure when I came back in.  We finished in 30:27, just 27 seconds shy of Paul's goal, I just wish I'd looked at the clock to see where our miles started and ended.


Yesterday we worked on overhead squats for the strength work.  I just did not have it.  I was gunning for 105 x 3 but when I dropped the weight at 95, I knew it was not happening.  The wod was 50 reps of shoulder to overhead, Rx was 95, I used 75.  Every time you put the bar down, you had to do 6 pull ups.  This was tougher than expected, I paused 6 times, and finished in 11:51. 


I am still going strong on diet, I am sick of eggs, and yesterday I was pretty cranky, but I think I can make it, at least through my whole 30 no cheating.  I do plan to reintroduce things in my diet to see how I feel during the challenge... I can't decide what first, bread? cheese? ...what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment