Thursday, December 2, 2010

Car pushes... for time.

I had a fitnessy morning today.  I woke up, hydrated and then headed off to bikram.  I have decided that mornings work better for me, because I don't have to fight off hunger to make myself not eat, and it seems to be less humid in the room.  I managed to make it through all poses today in some form or fashion (YAY ME!)  The one I struggle with, and tend just to sit out, (fixed firm pose) involves moving your legs and knees out of the way to make way for the hips (for me that is wide) and then laying back on the ground.  The sitting part alone hurts bad, and then forget trying to lay back.  The instructor came over to help me modify, and my pose is just sitting, with my knees out way wide and I am okay with that.  On the other hand my standing bow was pretty excellent in my opinion, I got my leg over my head, just don't think you are supposed to cheat the hips like I do.  I showered quickly then headed over to crossfit.  

We started out chatting about gyms and jobs etc.  Dave and I both happened to look out the window, and saw what I thought was a car pulling out.  Dave yells "oh s#*@*!" and runs outside.  It takes a couple seconds for me to realize what I saw, and I yell "My CAR!" and run out to find Dave holding the runaway car.  We take over for him, and he runs inside to find the owner.  It was one of the more eventful days, and goes to show that there is something to this preparing for the unknowable. 

Today we worked on snatches.  I felt really really warm today which felt good, but I wasn't quite able to get back to my pr.  I worked up and failed on 83 kinda.  I was able to power snatch it (not sure how I ended up in that position) and then overhead squat it, but couldn't get it together.   The wod was 21-15-9 dumbbell thrusters and burpees.  I used 15 instead of the prescribed 25 just cause.  It still took me a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment