Monday, December 6, 2010

that trick helen

Friday I woke up feeling like I got run over.   After my yoga/workout back to back on Thursday I went home and then went to the endurance wod.  It was 3 rounds run 1000 m rest two minutes.  I went hoping to row, but there were many of us and I didn't feel like throwing bows.  It was a bit chilly out, and I am not really a fan of running in the cold.  Allison didn't keep track of our times as there were many of us and she timed rest for each one of us, but she told me my last round was completed in 6:46, which is slow, so hopefully my first two rounds were much quicker. :/  

Friday I started my day with yoga again, hoping to do back to back workouts.  I however forgot a towel, and didn't think it fair to my fellow crossfitters to go as sweaty as I get in yoga, so I just went home.  I took a glorious glorious nap, and then was considering skipping as the wod was my nemesis, helen.  John however called and wanted to go workout.  He had to take care of some work stuff and we ended up tardy to class, so I wasn't as warmed up as is ideal, we started with clean and jerks which I was not feeling, and therefore only worked up to 80#.  Then came the wod, we did it in two heats as to not fight over pull up stations, and of course I opted for second heat.  My run is slower than most, so I ended up behind, but still managed to eek out a pr as my last two helens were ridiculously slow.  I was happy that I got all the kettlebell swings unbroken, but my pull ups were broken in to many sets.  It was not quite the sub 15 minutes i was going for, but a pr is a pr...at 17:01. 

I took Saturday and Sunday off  as the wods were outside, and we did things that I wanted to look presentable for (so Bikram was out as it does my hair no good.  Today we worked on back squats for strength, with 3 sets of 5.  5s for me are the worst.  I worked up to 125, for depth's sake, and maybe could have gone higher, but the last set my shoulders couldnt' make the best shelf so I stopped.  The wod was also a leg burner, 3 rounds of 25 box jumps and 25 overhead lunges with 35.  It was rough...but I did it. 

Now I am off to yoga!

No comments:

Post a Comment