Monday, March 7, 2011

Day 7

So I am a week into my paleo eating... I have lost some lbs...though I am not sure where from, I feel better about eating, I just can't quite keep my energy level up for working out.  I have felt sluggish, and haven't recovered quite as well as I would like, my back has done the thing where it gets tight and prevents hip thrusting movements (everything in crossfit).  Things I will focus on from here on out: eating more food, especially more fat  , drinking more water, taking my fish oil.  I believe those will help, and this is just a part of my body getting used to something different (and motivation to not fall off the wagon).

We went out for a birthday brunch to Southern Rail yesterday, and I picked out my meal ahead of time...I was a bit limited in my options as most things had biscuit or potato or grits etc.  This seemed to be my best option...Benny and June (get it...eggs benedict??? or does benny order it in the diner?) poached eggs, lump crab meat, spinach, it came on toast with pesto spread, with hash browns and salad...
This is how it is normally prepared...with an extra biscuit...
This is mine...still pretty awesome looking no?

Two of us ordered this way and we got crazy looks, but whatevs...It was pretty satisfying and I didn't miss the bread, though I almost speared a hash brown when Denise went to the bathroom, and longed a bit for the tots at the next table... and poached eggs may get added to my repertoire... I will go to Melanie for lessons, as she learned those first. Does that seem weird to you too? My first eggs were scrambled, what about you??

2 comments:

  1. It is not weird! She must be a culinary genius...even from the start.

    ReplyDelete