Monday, March 21, 2011

hello again!

So it has been a while...I will start from today and work my way back... We just returned from a trip to Philly with which I am falling more and more in love.  John and JBoone went to go to the NCAA wrestling championships, and I tagged along and got to hang out with family.  I will make a confession...when we planned the whole 58 I did not plan on going to Philly, I in fact attempted to deter John because he was planning this trip, so I cheated a few (okay kind of a lot).  Some cheats were worth it...late night cheesesteaks from Geno's (I shared with John), not worth it... my dinner at Cheesecake Factory which didn't seem so bad but left me feeling terrible, but I am glad to be back to my regularly scheduled eating.

Today I thought Crossfit would feel pretty terrible, but it was not so so bad.  Today was supposed to be week 3 of wendler, but it was my week 1 for squats. All sets up to my 85% set felt medium, but the thought of the last set was so terrible to me I only did 2, and did not apologize for it, I mentally did not prepare properly... The wod was 4 rounds of walking with a sandbag overhead, and 35 squats...it was gross.  I then stayed for endurance, with new coaches Paul and Erin, awesome athletes in and out of crossfit... They are pretty tough, we warmed up with an 800 m run and some running drills and some sprints...and THEN we worked on either rowing 2K or running a mile.  I chose to row as I have some serious shin splints and miles scare me...we first went over some rowing technique which was pretty helpful as I don't know that I have had much specific training since I first learned to row... I finished the 2K in 9:52 which may actually be a PR... I am going to make a more concerted effort to make it to endurance twice a week...

I also technically signed up for the crossfit opens.  When I did it, there were only 2 girls signed up, and you need 3 for a team, which was my reasoning... Because we went out of town, I had to do the first wod (AMRAP 10 min 30 double unders, 15 power snatch (75/55) on Wednesday... though I must  have still been pretty tired as I set up my bar incorrectly, and made it through a perfect set of double unders and a few snatches before we realized the error...so I had to start over.  I only got through 2 rounds and 25 double unders, and because HQ had so many issues with the site, they are extending the deadline, and I plan to take advantage of this, as I know I can do  better!! (but really, I don't believe the error caused me to suck it up)

No comments:

Post a Comment