Monday, April 4, 2011

hi again...

So it has been a while...my internet has been weird, I have been working, I have had little motivation...there are several excuses for not having posted in a while.  But all quite valid... I use a mifi card to connect to the internet at home, and it just died, there were cell phone salesmen in my home last week and none could figure it out, so theres one excuse.  I did join the library today, so go me!

I temped for the past week and a half at a 9-5ish job...so my normal morning workouts were not happening, my afternoon motivation is not quite as strong, because #1 I get ravenous, and if I have not packed a snack it gets bad, #2, I get tired, and was able to talk myself out of it a few days.  Last week I did make it to endurance on Monday and Thursday (let me know if you need my address to send me my trophy/cookie/parade) but on Monday instead of doing the 7 pm wod like I'd intended, I warmed up, had no place to lift, so sat that out, warmed up my lift for the wod, and packed up and left.  Thursday I didn't wanna stay but I did, then Friday I did wod #2 for the crossfit open.  It was a rough one AMRAP 15 minutes, 9 deadlift (100#) 12 pushups, 15 box jumps.  This wod was tiring but the limiting factor is pushup ability, (mine is poor).  I made it through 2 reps shy of 6 rounds. I was proud of myself as that is the most push ups I have done in a while.

I have been working on my push ups, yesterday and today I did a ladder of 1-10 push ups.  We also had push ups in the warm up, and the strength work was bench, so I am preparing for soreness.  This is a new Wendler week.  I kinda didn't make it all the way through the last cycle, press is the only thing I did, so I increased that number, but I will just start everything over again, so I worked bench off a 90 1RM and got 5 reps on my as many as possible round which I was happy with.  The wod involved push press and L pull ups.  Push press I went down to 45#, and then L pull ups are near impossible, you must hold your body in an L position and pull, I attempted but it wasn't happening, so I subbed knees to elbows, I actually got a few in, but most were KalmostTE.  It took me a long long time.  This afternoon I plan to go back for endurance, and it is a glorious North Carolina spring day (which means it is HOT) so SUNS OUT GUNS OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment