Friday, April 22, 2011

running and stuff

Last night I went in for endurance which was 3 rounds of tabata running...(8 rounds of 20 seconds on, 10 seconds rest) with 4 minutes rest in between.  Erin promised that this would make us faster if we tried hard, I did.  We were running on the grass behind the gym so it was easier on the joints, but I worry about my knees as there are uneven patches of land so I worried about a misstep but I am still alive.

This morning we had a large 11:30 class due to the holiday...and it is sadly probably the last 11:30 I will make in a while cause I have to do this silly thing called work.  The warm up was pretty tough, 10 GHD situps, 10 GHD back extensions, 10 pull ups 5 ring dips...2 rounds.  Pull ups are easier when I am warm so they take me forever when part of a warm up, So I got through most of the warm up before we started the wod.

4 rounds
500m row
15 sledgehammer swings
15 box jumps
15 abmat situps

We went in two heats, so I went in the first heat so that I didn't have to do it after hollow rock to supermans.  I claimed an end rower to stay out of other's way, but ended up between Greg and Jack, and that is probably the best way to feel slow.  I ended up the last person in my heat, by kinda of a lot...but not the slowest for the day.  My rowing splits were pretty good for me in the beginning but slowed, but my box jumps got better.

No comments:

Post a Comment