Tuesday, April 12, 2011

somebody had a case of the mondays...

I skipped Sunday's workout...as it was a ton of running...and laying in bed watching movies with my husband sounded better.  We then hit up brunch at Weathervane which is likely to become a Hill family Sunday tradition... then I kicked off my summer ladies luncheon habit at Milltown where fries were just the starter, and then my husband decided he was too hungry to wait for me to cook so he got takeout from Nantucket, and I being full from the day decided ice cream was perfect for dinner.

When Monday rolled around I surprisingly had no desire to get back on track.  My breakfast was not so bad, though not the perfect preworkout meal, and my workout was just so so.  We worked on bench and I did pretty well.  The wod involved hang power cleans and pushups with your legs on a box.  I can barely do regular push ups so I just did that, eventually ending up on my knees and scaled the cleans because trying to push yourself when already lazy is not the easiest.  However after the workout I was ravenous...I ate lunch, dessert, and then got another snack (from cookout i don't know if you can call it a snack).

So I didn't wanna go to endurance...but I needed to.  And when I got there I didn't wanna do it...but I did. (one day i am going to get a prize for it.) But it was tough.  We warmed up with an 800m run, and running drills...then the worst running drill ever was our work out...a ladder...
200m rest 1 min
200m rest 1 400m rest 2
200m rest 1 400m rest 2 800 m rest 4
200m rest 1 400m rest 2
200m
When I say it, it doesn't sound as bad, and it doesn't even look that rough on paper...but it was TERRIBLE. if you think of each piece as an all out effort...and it was 1.5 miles of all out effort blah.  I finished it and for that I am proud, because I almost didn't make it...however I know I haven't replaced my water, and I didn't sleep well last night, so I skipped working out today, though it is a wod I would like to make up, double unders and pull ups...

1 comment:

  1. That endurance workout broke me. Way to gut it out. I couldn't finish it.

    ReplyDelete