Thursday, April 14, 2011

AND I WAS RUNNING!!!!!

Following all that running on Monday, Wednesday was so wonderfully a running wod...

Run 1600m (that's a mile yall)
rest 3 min
run 1200m 
rest 2 min
run 800m
rest 1 min
run 400m  

Yes 2.5 miles. It was gross though manageable.  I finished the mile in 9:57 so go me! for making it under 10...I finished the 400m in 2 minutes flat...so obviously had some pacing issues/kept a bit of gas in the tank, as last week's 400m time trial was 1:52...I will get this running thing figured out!

Last night we also had a social at Wheels...Durham's local roller rink.  So yes I do own my own skates (best $5 purchase ever at Dicks sporting goods) so no I don't regularly skate, I went once maybe 2 years ago...or was that three? and before that...8th grade? I was thinking about not going as I don't feel that great about being on rollerskates but I am glad I did because most people aren't that great...and we were the only people there aside from the regulars.  So Amy is pretty awesome...she can skate backwards, and roller dance...and the wind blows through her hair as she goes... There were also regulars who can moonwalk, dougie, spin, etc... it was pretty interesting because this is like their gym...they have their own skates...carry a gym bag...and hit the rink on a weeknight. I did get a good workout in I feel.

Tonight because of all of our hard work at the rink (or the 4.5 miles we have run this week) Erin gave us a bit of a break at endurance.  Row 5 minutes, then 20 seconds on 40 off for 5 minutes, row easy 10 minutes then repeat intervals.  It was still challenging, and good to just move and focus on form.  

Tomorrow I am going to do the open wod...pretty scary. 60 (!!) bar facing burpees (so drop to the ground push up hop up...then over the bar) 30 overhead squats with 90(!!) pounds and then 10 muscle ups.  Like I told coach Jack...I have this splinter in my palm that will hinder my muscle ups...though my dream would be o just finish the squats.  My max is about 95... from the rack. I will just give it what I got!

my little sleepopotamus did the wod today...he got through a muscle up...and now he's all tuckered out! (he is quite impressive as he has only made it to the gym to do the open wods because he works to make us $$)

2 comments:

  1. What time are you doing the Open WOD? I want to watch and cheer for you...as I can do exactly *zero* parts of this WOD myself.

    And let's clarify, my backwards skating is totally sketch at this point. But I'm gonna go back and practice! You in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably closer to eleven thirty wod ..and I do secretly want to be able to roller dance.

    ReplyDelete