Wednesday, March 2, 2011

day 2.

So last night about 9 pm my body started hurting...so this morning I decided to take a rest day...The culprit? I guess deads and snatches...and maybe the rowing from Monday evening.  Yesterday's workout was just lifting and jumping which makes me happy...We started with snatches, I worked up to a working set of 3 at 73#, I attempted 83, but I could not get it over my head and steady, it was quite certainly a mental problem, because I could get it to the top, and I can definitely overhead squat it, so ho hum...

Then we worked on deadlifts.  I have been quite concerned with the whole Wendler 531 situation... I know the program makes you stronger (yes!), but I was concerned about where to start, as each cycle you add 5# to upper body movements, and 10# to lower body, which sounds like a little, but had I started this program 8 months ago when I hit my deadlift pr, I would have a 335 dead (not to mention a 130 press) which is freaking huge.  So my concern was starting too low and then taking forever to get back to previous numbers, or trying to start too high and failing reps.  So yesterday Sarah and Lori were there so I just worked in with them, which solved my problem of not knowing where to start.  They worked at 15 under my max, and if I was alone it would have been 30 under.  I worked up to a max set of 5 reps at 185 which is more than I have done in a while, and John discovered that I breathe weird, so now that it is under control maybe I can get more.

Today is day 2 of 58.  I so far feel good, but also have been bombarded by Domino's flyers on my door and in my mailbox.  John criticized me yesterday for chewing a piece of gum, and then he asked for one.  I don't normally chew gum, so whatevs!

No comments:

Post a Comment