Wednesday, May 4, 2011

GO ME!

So I am faster.  Six weeks of work, and I feel tons better about my running.  I am excited to see what the next six weeks holds.  We started the workout with ring work, static holds, inversions ball ups, skin the cat, etc.  I am still working on my ball up (which is basically pulling your legs up so you are hanging upside down in a little ball) I have to catch my foot on the rings to get up there, but I was able to skin the cat (or at least almost).  I would like to be able to do multiples, but it requires the ball up skill.  

this is what i look like inverted.


Then the fast part.  The wod was AMRAP 15 minutes, 400m run, 50 sledgehammer swings.  So who doesn't love sledgehammer swings.  I need to work on swinging the hammer harder, they got weaker as I got tired, but I did not stop.  My runs felt good... I was out of breath, but I pushed through the pain.  My self talk wasn't that amazing, I first thought about just running fast, but my thoughts strayed a bit until the last run, when I caught view of really pretty clouds in a sunsetty sky, and got a bit distracted and probably ran faster.  My runs were all in the 2:00-2:10 range which is much faster than my normal wod runs which I was quite pleased with.  

2 comments:

  1. Great work! Inversions look like SO much fun; hopefully I'll be as awesome at them as you before too long. Were you doing a specific running program?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just have been relatively consistent at attending endurance wods above all else.

    ReplyDelete