Wednesday, May 25, 2011

catching up

Again I fell off the blogging wagon, but not the working out wagon.  Last week I was having an off and slow workout week.  Everything felt slow and I was having a bit of a hard time.  This week I feel much better, I have also made a bigger effort diet wise, which may have something to do with purchasing a bridesmaid dress that leaves no room for dropping it like its hot unless an extra inch or two is missing from my hip area.

Sunday we did a partner wod, ring dips and squat cleans, my partner graciously carried us, and basically did twice the amount of cleans.  I was kinda depressed about that, and was planning to two a day Monday, but sleep monster got me, and I only made it in for endurance, I PRd an 800 m run at 4:31, but then the rest of my splits were 5 something.

Today was quite ambitious.  I woke up to make the new endurance wod at 6:15.  Paul is still happy at that hour of the day.  We worked  a bit on drills, then got to running.  The wod was double this if you run faster, but I ran 1 mile rest 3 minutes, run 800 m, rest 2 minutes run 400 m, rest 5 minutes, run 1 mile.  The goal was to run the second mile faster but I didn't quite get it.  My times were 10:05, 5:08, 2:09, 11:08.  Paul encouraged me to run faster, and I could push a bit harder when someone passed me, but I struggled to keep up, so for next time I will work on my turnover.

I went to work, then returned for the 6 o clock wod.  We started with squat cleans.  I decided this morning that a bodyweight clean is a good goal, I got to maybe freshman year of college bodyweight with 135.  145 didn't want to go past my knees but I will get it there, and then maybe we can meet in the middle.  The wod was 21-15-9 box jumps and ring dips.  The box jumps were supposed to be tall but I neglected that and went with a 20 inch box for speed, and finished in 5:35.  Dave told me I should have gone higher, I told him that I went fast so it was fine.

I then went to my charleston class.  It was interesting because the other people in my class were talking about being tired from the lindy class before ours.  I know this may be breaking news but EATING WELL AND EXERCISING GIVES YOU ENERGY.  I also learned that I have a hard time following, maybe because I am a bit elitist.  I am almost like the boys that don't listen to the lady coaches when they try to coach bench or squat, (not really they are just rude) I found myself trying to lead which worked well with the other students, but the teacher kept saying, you need to just... and i would finish, let you lead.  I did have fun though.

1 comment:

  1. Lindsay, I'm going to encourage you to use a metronome. I'll 'splain.

    ReplyDelete