Tuesday, June 7, 2011

she's got legs...and they hurt.

I have been super lame with blogging...part laziness, part husband stealing my computer, part busy ness and all the powers combined and I haven't written in weeks.  I have been working out semi regularly, last week I was derailed by a flat tire, sleep monster, holiday weekends, your mom, fun weekends, you name it, but I seem to be back in the habit this week.

Some highlights, Memorial Day Monday we did Murphy, (run 1 mile, 100 pull ups, 200 push ups, 300 squats) I went with the intention of doing half by myself or attempting the whole thing broken up, but when I got there, Kim asked me to be her partner so I did.  I PRD MY FIRST MILE.  (I don't know if you caught that) Not crazy fast, but sub 10, for which I was proud.  Then we broke everything in half, she works much faster than me so was just hanging around after she finished the squats and picked up some slack.  The second mile was UGLY.  I walked not even 400 m in, I couldn't catch my breath and decided to finish the 800 and quit.  Jonathan was at the door and said "hey you have another 800", (how did he even know with so many people) I told him I couldn't do it, then Lindsey Caley (who had finished the whole thing 30 minutes prior) came and so politely encouraged me to finish, then Ashley Denton came out and said, think about the people who died for you (can you really say no to that?), so Lindsey and Kim joined me for my last 800...

I don't remember anything else but today.  My legs hurt already. I attended my first 7:15 class and made it to work early, so this may work out for a regular class attendance, as I somehow woke up with no alarm.  I guess some people were sloppy with form over the weekend (not me) and caused Dave to go on a back to basics (mean) streak with programming.  I missed yesterday which involved push ups, but today was 10 air squats on the minute, for 10 minutes, then 4 minutes of 20 seconds on 10 off of air squats, then the wod was 30 wall balls, 20 knees to elbows (3 rounds).  Were you counting? 100 + my tabata I averaged 12 so about 96 + 90 = gross! I am pretty sore at just 12 hours so we shall see what doms brings me.  I am hydrating and fish oiling and vitamin cing thanks for asking.

No comments:

Post a Comment