Wednesday, June 22, 2011

owie.

I had an oops last week where I succumbed to the crap food available at work, (FREE ICE CREAM SANDWICHES) and found my jeans too tight.  I went in this week focused and ready.  I had a plan for two a days on Monday and Wednesday for endurance, Tuesday morning, and then Thursday off.  This week has been tougher than I thought.

Monday
push press 3 sets of 20.  This requires muscular endurance on which I am still working... The goal was 50-  60 % 1RM (105) so I should have been working heavier than the 33 I used, but I completed all sets and felt challenged.

Wod
50 thrusters (35)
40 double unders
30 KB swings
20 backwards lunges with overhead weight
10 burpees

This took me a while as I was having mental problems on thrusters, as my legs were a bit sore from the weekend.  The double unders I got in 32 and 8.

Endurance
10 minutes, 30 seconds on 30 seconds off.  I ran 1100 m in that time.  Which means I should be able to run my mile much faster (I think?)

Tuesday
50 six count burpees....squat, plank, push up, squat, jump and clap. yes gross.

wod
8 rounds
200 m run
10 pull ups.

after getting lapped on my second round I asked Doug if I should drop to 5s on pull ups. He said I should use a band, I said I dontwanna, he then set up my band.  It was a day I should have stayed in bed as I had a sassy attitude, and did not feel better about myself after struggling through it but what can you do.  My new cute shorts were riding up the whole time I was running, so I ran kinda slow, it was rough all around.

Today:
work to a single clean.  My new pr from 2 weeks ago was 135.  I attempted 133 but couldn't do it.  I am super ridiculously sore today and I intended to go in early to foam roll but then didn't.

wod
AMRAP 12 minutes
5 kettlebell snatches
5 goblet squats.
each side. if you put the kettlebell down you had to do 5 burpees.  I got through 4 rounds unbroken...then Phil brought me a heavier kettlebell, so I just did my burpees then I did my rounds in onesies, then managed the last 2 unbroken.

My body hurts.

1 comment:

  1. It's the good kind of pain ;) Hope you feel better though!

    ReplyDelete