Sunday, June 26, 2011

WHAT I LIKE A BOUT ME!

Coach Ashley has challenged us to number the things we love about ourselves.  Crossfit by nature attracts competitive people looking for a challenge who want to better themselves. So really when we are all awesome people, we get around other awesome people that can do different things we can think they are some how more awesome, rather than different awesome.  Often times we think about the things that we can not do, or the things we are not, rather than celebrating what we can do.  Here is my list of ways that I am awesome, with links to some other awesome people.

1. I got ups.


2. The work I have put into my pull ups shows in my back.  I probably should look at  it in the mirror more often.  I am working toward Beatrice Yaxley ness, she has L pull ups and chest to bars coming out of her ears... once she decides she wants to be able to do something, she does it. She also took some awesome pictures of my wedding before we knew each other... (small world no?)



3. Did you get your ticket?  (TO THE GUN SHOW)  I have always had well defined arms, though I have not worked that hard to maintain them.  

4. The 11th skill is my specialty... I am not scouring my closets before each workout, i just happen to own things in coordinating colors, and enjoy fun tshirts.  I also spend more time at the gym than dressed casually, so the fun tshirts I enjoy purchasing are worn to the gym.

5.  I am not a runner like Colleen, the funniest person at Crossfit Durham if not all of North Carolina who is qualifying for Boston again, but I have put some work into my running and have made major improvements.  I am not quite at Nelly status (she runs the streets of Durham...barefoot...badass and also has dancer feet i would kill for), but I ran a 5K (the farthest I have run since that one day in college) and I am still alive.  I then walked it with Melinda who is currently kicking cancer's ass...she is kicking butt and taking names, and sharing her experience through a wonderful blog, which will no doubt help many others in her position... She also has a head for long hair, super cute short hair or no hair at all.  

6. I am strong... though not as strong as the amazing Ashley Denton...who also has the abs of a goddess...(and is an amazing and motivating coach) 

7. I still have my split... I took a dance class a while back in which I got hurt, which stole my spirit and dream that I can just pick back up and go right back to where I left off, but I know deep down I still got it, just like Amy Scott...who will rock the sh#* out of some wings and a time step, and can hula hoop and roller skate like no one I have seen before. 



8. I can also do this

9.  I like my hair cut.

10.  I am a part of the Crossfit Durham community.  We have an awesome group that supports and motivates each other.  and we are all amazing. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love that first picture! That's so cool that Bea shot your wedding!

    That pic with the split on the rings? Um. Just wow. That one needs to get put up on the wall.

    ReplyDelete