Friday, June 17, 2011

BIRTHDAY WOD

So today is my birthday.  Some time after my last birthday people at crossfit starting requesting birthday wods, so of course I needed to hop in on that.  Some people use their age for the number of reps or rounds, but I am too old for that mess, I don't like anything above 6 reps of anything.  I picked out a wod we had done before and left me upset, I vowed to do this Rx the next time, and I almost made it.

5 rounds
5 power snatch (start with bar  on floor and catch overhead with wide grip)
5 burpees
5 power clean (bar starts on floor and catch at shoulders with arms bent)
5 ring dips
5 thrusters (bar is at shoulders and squat and then push the bar overhead)

This was supposed to be heavy, 135 for boys, 95 for girls.  The limiting factor is typically the snatch, I can do everything else no problem at 95, but my snatch is not quite there.  I opted for 83.  I went at 6:15, and Stew was kind enough to offer options for those that didn't want to make everything else seem too easy.  I said no, one bar is to be used, challenge yourself some.  I understand that some people are unfamiliar with the movement, but still want a challenging workout, I will give that a pass. But I also was not the coach, so some opted to sub something else for the snatches but knew they were under judgment.  I do thank everyone who put up with my djing and criticism, and rocked it out.

3 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, YOU HOT TAMALE.

    P.S. At my party, I said something to your husband about your spectacular ass, and he replied, "I KNOW. And it just gets better with age."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Lindsay! I'm so sad I didn't get to the gym in time to do this one! Hope you had a great day though :)

    PS: I give all the coaches nicknames. If you ever become a coach, you'll be "Coach Hot Tamale" :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tobias, what?!

    I have to know mine.

    ReplyDelete