Tuesday, May 10, 2011

hi.

So last night's endurance session was my most dreaded time trial, the mile.  We did our regular warm up stuff, which included an 800 m warmup around the baseball field on the one day all year there is a game, which meant running through the wafting aroma of hot dogs, beer, and barbeque aka torture.  Once we finished that we started our time trial.  I opted for two runs around the 800m loop because that is the course I know.  I finished the first loop in 5 minutes, and ended up at 10:08.  Erin was gracious enough to subtract 3 seconds and officially make it 10:05 as the people of Durham seemed to not hear me run up behind them (because of my jungle cat like running style) or yell "RUNNER ON YOUR LEFT RUNNER ON YOUR LEFT OR RIGHT OR IN THE MIDDLE I DON"T CARE JUST MOVE", I guess they are the people that get killed in scary movies for being dumb.  I wanted sub 10 minutes and got a bit defeated at the 5 minute split.  However, a PR is a PR and I guess I can be excited about it.  

Once I got home I figured out the reason I hate and dread the mile...It takes me back to summer training for dance team in college, the only time I have had to run a timed anything since middle school.  Our loop was not quite a mile we later figured out. I was somewhere in the middle of the pack (of 12 or so girls) and as we rounded the corner by the baseball field I crossed from the curb to the road to avoid tripping but i still ate it pretty bad.  I was bleeding from the hip (so deep it was white)  and the knee.  I got up and still finished in 8 something, not in last place, but after that ran much more cautiously.  I also still have my bullet wound looking scar on my hip.  


I completed the regular wod at suboptimal efforts.  The strength work was 3 sets of 20 reps of back squats.  My first set of 95 felt hard but manageable, my second set felt medium until my back pain, I guess I squat unevenly as it was only one side. I did not even attempt a third.  The wod was amrap 12 minutes 30 double unders 15 push ups.  I haven't done a double under in 6 weeks (the last time was the last games wod) so they were troublesome at first, I completed pushups from my knees but they were still quite challenging.  


No comments:

Post a Comment