Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 7

WHOLE 30
Today marks a week into my whole 30.  It hasn't been my best performance.  I don't know that I have been eating enough, and I know the nuts and clementines I eat when bored, sad or happy are not the best for me.  I think a good trip to the grocery store where I get foods I am excited about eating will help, lately I just haven't really been excited about the meals I have prepared.  I really miss eating foods I don't have to make, and white potatoes, and if I see a commercial, picture or description of anything I want it...even if I don't usually eat it.

CONFESSION:
I cheated, on day maybe 3? However, I am not upset about it, as I cheated in the most whole 9 approved way.  My friend's mom visited from Puerto Rico, and cooked for us.  The last time this happened was May, so this is a twice a year type deal.  She made me baked chicken and peppers and there was plenty of salad so I was fine.  But then she told me that the pigeon peas in the arroz con gandules were fresh, not from a can. I have been eating peas and rice since childhood (I have Caribbean roots) and didn't even think about them being fresh.   So I tried some, not a lot, but it was amazing...life changing even.  So I said it was worth an extra 3 days...or not we will see how it goes.

KNEE:
Still hurts.  I figured two weeks and I would be fine, but running and jumping are still painful.  And while I am thankful that in 20 years of dancing and 2 years of crossfit I have been injury free, I just don't know how to come back from one.  Are you supposed to wait until it doesn't hurt, or just kinda push through it????

WORKOUTS:
Have been sporadic the past week or so.  Ashley gave me a met-con good for one leg last week that about killed me, so I know I need to get back as I seem to have no sort of endurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment