Sunday, January 2, 2011

Hello 2011!

I started out 2010 with a renewed vigor following the 2009 Carolina Fitness Challenge, I did pretty well in the following months and made major strength gains the beginning part of the year.  That tapered and then declined at some point during the summer.  I am not quite sure what happened, my diet and exercise habits didn't drastically change, but once the downward spiral started it was hard to pull back out of it.  When it would get frustrating that I couldn't pull close to my max, I would quit instead of doing more work at a lower weight.  I had more meltdowns in 2010 than ever in life but guess what?   IT'S 2011!!!!

My first goal...get unhurt.  If you read my last post, I hurt my knee taking dance classes.  Pretty sure I stepped back on it straight instead of bent.  I heard a pop. It hurt real bad. It feels a whole lot better, I can walk, I wore heels for 20 minutes last night, it is now starting to feel more like my calf muscle, but there is no bruising indicative of a muscle tear... or swelling, it just feels uncomfortable to land on my foot with any pressure, or bend it below parallel, which knocks 90% of crossfit movements out of the picture. 

Second goal...build a new base.  I have some prs on the board that are downright depressing to work toward.  I am going to get back to that, but for now I am going to work on getting stronger and working harder every day.  I didn't hit any of the side 2010 goals...so I am going to just change that year, but I do expect to hit these in the beginning part of the year!

Thirdly...eat well.  I started today on my whole 30.... 30 days of no grains no dairy no soy no legumes no sugar no alcohol.  I feel much better when I am eating a paleo diet, and have a goal of 80% of 2011 eating paleo.  I do well when I plan, and fall apart if left to my own devices...so I know what I need to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment