Sunday, January 23, 2011

push ups sit ups and squat cleans (o my!)

So last night I developed a new symptom of not being able to breathe so I had a hard time getting to sleep but made it up in time for crossfit.  Colin was coaching so of course he lead us through a parkourish climbing jumping crawling warm up.  We had to jump across three boxes, hop over the 31 in box (we could use the other box for assistance), jump over the side bar of the pull up station and then climb under the other and crawl back to the start.  I like his warm ups as they are challenging and stuff we don't normally get to do, but sometimes one part of it kicks my bottom, in this case the crawling (wierd right).

The strength work was squat cleans in sets of 5 which I hate, but the website told us we didn't have to do touch and go reps, which made it more manageable.  I worked off a one rep max of 120, which is the highest I have ever clean and jerked, but I have never maxed out on cleans alone.  So my sets were 68, 83, 103.  I complained the whole way through, but got through all the sets.  Workout was 50 push ups, 50 GHD situps.  Push ups took me a while and when it was time for me to sit up the GHDs were all taken (darn) so I did 70 abmats, and finished in 8:19.  After I somewhat recovered, I worked on pull ups and did my first unassisted pull ups this year, as I am finally able to jump up to the pull up bar.  I only squeezed out 5, but baby steps.  I feel like my knee is back to normal...of course now my wrist is doing funky things but that is more manageable.

Also this weekend is the Charlottesville Superfit Games.  Last year John and I trekked up to VA in the blizzard we had last year, (VA got twice as much snow).  We got snowed in, but had a great time.  I looked at the wods and they are crazy brutal.  Like AMRAP chest to bar pull ups with a med ball between your legs...as part of one wod, and squat clean thrusters, air force wod style with chest to bar pull ups on the minute.  I am sad I didn't get to experience it this year, but with everything that derailed me this year, it would have been a bit more than I was ready for.  I just know that if I can focus with diet and workouts and not beat myself up, I can be ready for a whole lot more next year.


That's me last year...reppin out 77# thrusters...after burpees before failing on hspus.  I still can't do handstand push ups why? but I am much closer than I was here.

No comments:

Post a Comment