Saturday, November 13, 2010

and I am still alive

I left off with not wanting to runrowrun on Thursday.  My plan before knowing the workout was to hit up 6:15 am, as I had a meeting in Raleigh, then do the endurance wod that evening.  With the endurance wod cancelled, and my poor sleep the night before, I skipped 615 with plans to go in the evening.  (What I should have done is gone to 615 then Body Jammed in the evening but that is another story).  That morning I decided that Dunkin Donuts was the appropriate way to start off my day with two doughnuts, but yet coffee black.  We had training from 9:30 until 1, when we got lunch.  I did pretty well there, steamed veggies and fish, but then ate a nice fat slice of chocolate cake, I don't know why maybe because it was free?  By the time I got back to Durham I had a nice little sugar induced headache.  I took a little nappy, with plans to runrowrun at 5.  Sleep monster hit me hard, and then finally I woke up with time to make it to 6pm.  I battled myself for a bit, still had a headache, but knew working out would make it go away, it was dark so I didn't want to run outside, but I wouldn't be alone.  Finally I made myself go.  I decided that the best route was 8 200m runs, it just seemed easiest, but really the turning around slows you down.  I had a goal of finishing sub 30minutes.  The first mile I got in just shy of my 10 minute goal at 10:03, the row I finished in a little over 10 minutes, and then the last run took me a while as my total time was somewhere around 33:10.  The second mile I split up into 2 400s and 4 200s.  The last stretch down the hill I was able to sprint, which I know is a mental thing of feeling done, but I have yet to figure out how to use some of that stored energy earlier. 

Friday again I did not sleep that great, and woke up early for 615, took a little snooze and then ended up letting myself sleep until 8:30.  I decided to check out Bikram again, and this time made sure to be super hydrated.  I don't know if it was me, or how hydrated I was, or the fact that there were less people in the room, but it didn't seem as warm as me even stepping into the room.  I set up my mat closer to the door so I could sneak out if I wanted, but it also put me in eye line of the instructor, so she was able to see me to correct my mistakes, and offer suggestions when I couldn't quite get into a pose.  This class went much better as I made it through 24 or so out of 26 poses.  I don't think this is something I will want to do everyday, but maybe a once a week.  I was planning to still go to crossfit that evening, but hubsters didn't want to, and I wanted to hang out with him.  I also found out that he has a Friday afternoon ritual at Nantucket Grill, he gets a chicken sandwich, cheese fries and a slice of cake (usually a half slice for himself).  We normally eat a regular dinner on Friday nights as well, so I don't know how he is not obese but I am admittedly a bit jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment