Wednesday, November 24, 2010

FAIL

So this morning I set my alarm at 5:30 and 7:00 so I could give myself the option of 615 or 830...and guess which I chose.  I actually did get out of bed at 7 am though, and did some productive things. As I was moving around I had a little lower back tightness, but shrugged it off.  In the car I felt it more, and thought about turning around to head home and be more productive, but I trudged on.  Ashley led us through a rough kettlebell warm up with lunges and swings and pulls. We then worked on clean and jerk.  I was working pretty slowly, so only got to 95 by the time we got cut off, but didn't feel like I could max out today anyway, so I was okay with it.  The wod I wasn't too excited about, as I watched crazy Navy diver Eric complete the first round of it in 2 something without resting...and he did it harder.  It was 30 Kettlebell swings (I dropped in weight for back's purposes), 25 wall balls (gross) and 20 pull ups, 3 rounds.  Theo and I talked beforehand about me not taking too much time, and I told him the pull ups would slow me down...he said something like baloney, and then we left it at that.  When we started the wod, I broke the first set of kettlebell swings into two, and the wall balls into a lot...then the pull ups took a long time... then the second round I broke even more.  Everyone else was finishing up...so I stopped.  It took me longer than most people did three rounds, and I just was not in the mood to truck through a round by myself...not my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment