Tuesday, November 16, 2010

run lift!

Yesterday I came up with an exercise and diet plan for the week...and day 1 is going well so far. We are going to the beach this weekend, so I would like to be able to work out each day until then so I don't have to worry about it over the weekend.  This morning that meant waking up at 6:15.  This is typically hard for me, as I don't like to give myself tough love, and if I wake up and don't feel like coming, I let myself sleep in.  Some way I figured out that no one likes to wake up this early so I just need to suck it up and go.

I woke up without the alarm this morning aka I don't sleep well and this was just one waking up point during the night.  I layed in bed for a while thinking about not going, but ultimately got my fatty out of bed.  I was a bit tardy, but made it in by 6:20 (baby steps here).   We worked on hand stand push ups.  I worked mostly from the box but did a few from the wall at Lori's suggestion.  I like to kick up to the wall (cause it is fun) but cannot get my head to the ground, so I tried working from the box, but I can't do that very well either.  But Lori's head gets almost to the floor working from the wall so I will do whatever she says....  The wod was then as many rounds as possible in 15 minutes of run 400m and 5 deadlifts.  The rx weight was 85% of your 1RM which for me is about 216.  I would have probably used 185/195, but today my back was tight, in a bad bad way, so I used 95 after starting to warm up with Lori.  We decided that I should do 10 reps instead of 5 because I was working lighter, but with my back, 5 was plenty.  I got through 4 rounds, and then made it out the door with 50 seconds to go to run my last round, and was able to finish a 200m.  Slightly a pr? 

No comments:

Post a Comment