Saturday, February 5, 2011

go me!

I was feeling a bit better about life and exercise since my last post.  I figure I just need to work a bit harder everyday and then I will get there.  Nutrition is still a work in progress, I figure once I have a regular schedule I will be better about regimenting myself.  Friday I worked at 530 am which is just so freakin early, and then had an interview at 12 so I wasn't able to attend my morning classes, which somehow just feel better to me.  By the time evening hit I was ready to lay on the couch and watch movies, but John made me go.  The strength work was overhead squats, which I haven't done in some time.  My previous 1RM is around 95... and we were working on percentages, so I started with 45, then went to 63 and my wrist went crazy and I only go through three reps.  I worked my way back up but only ended at 63.  I need to be sure to warm my wrist up, and ice it or it does funky things.  The wod was 9-7-5 deadlifts and muscle ups.  I subbed 2x pull ups and ring dips, and my 1RM has been 255 for a while yet I haven't been able to hit that recently.  I have been trying to work my way back up to that, but the rx of 75% would have been 195, and I know I didn't have that, but I do feel I could have done at least 175 instead of the 155 I did.  But it works out better as pull ups take me a while, so I was still the last one done 17:27.  I did my pull up ladder after that, but had to resort to the blue band for muscle failure.  John left me at the gym so he could do an appointment so I worked more on headstands and handstands.  We are going to DC in April during cherry blossom festival, so I would like to feel comfortable in my free standing handstand for photos.  I have trouble because I get scared, but I just need to work that out, I know I can hold it because I can kick up to the wall and pull my legs away, so go a way fear!.

This morning I got up and at em even though my bed was mighty comfy.  The strength work was 50 chin ups which were a challenge after yesterdays pull ups in the wod and the extra credit.  I am not sure I got through all 50.  The wod was 50 box jumps, 50 kettlebell swings, 50 sit ups, 50 db hang power cleans, 800 m run, 50 back extensions.  I am working on changing the way I feel about chippers, or numbers above 20, so I will tell you I LOVE CHIPPERS AND 50 REPS OF ANYTHING!!!!  I was able to jump all reps of the box jumps though it took me a while longer, the swings I broke up as I was surprised by some soreness, the situps were fine.  I went light on the cleans which was better for me to keep it moving, but I do feel I could have gone heavier.  The run I surprised myself by running in short sleeves, and was able to "sprint" the last 200 m, back extensions I just did the abmat because the GHDs were all taken.  I finished in 20:23 and was happy with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment