Monday, February 14, 2011

a lotta pushups...

Today is a gorgeous North Carolina day, it is supposed to hit mid 60s, it is just quite windy.  Today at crossfit Ashley led us through an easy kettlebell warm up...which is a bit of a funny as she had received comments that her warm-ups were too hard, which I didn't really agree with, and then the strength work was overhead squats.  Lori was in class today, so I worked with her hoping her brute strength would rub off on me.  I got up to 95 and couldn't keep my core tight enough, I know I can do it as I have done it before so it was a mental issue. I did manage to drop the bar and let it roll into my shin, but nothing like the last time I did that.  

The workout was an interesting format, max reps of push ups, then run 50 m, rest only as long as it takes you to walk back to the push ups.  I knew I couldn't get that many on my toes so I did knee push ups for this, and had trouble sliding as we worked out outside (because it is freaking gorgeous)...but it was on an incline.  I got up to 83 push ups and was satisfied with that.  The torturous part was the smell of french fries wafting over to our area, now I want some bad.  




No comments:

Post a Comment