Saturday, February 12, 2011

VD!

Today John and I competed in the VD challenge at Crossfit Durham (couples throwdown official title).  The prize was a gift certificate to Dos Perros and a fancy trophy (the one thing our apartment decor is missing) and while we came in dead last, we had a ton of fun.   We figured out a few things about ourselves along the way.

The first wod was

Partner 1 (me) eats 15 hershey kisses
Partner 2 rows 1000m
both do 20 abmat situps
Partner 1 rows 800 m
20 situps
Partner 2 rows 600 m
20 situps
partner 1 rows 400 m
20 situps
partner 2 rows 200 m
20 situps
Partner 2 eats 10 mini Reese's cups

1. The Hills are not good at eating fast.  I was dead last in eating the kisses, when Jed next to me was done I still had like 8 left, most others found the challenge in unwrapping, I was really good at that part... John wasn't that quick either.  While I don't like losing, I don't take it personally that we just eat slow, we made up some time on the rows, John did much better than me.

2. This Hill doesn't like the cold, or mud...both is gross.

The second wod was:

AMRAP 10 minutes
10 burpees
25 m walking lunge

but with our legs tied together like the worst three legged race imaginable...

3. We do burpees (drop to the floor with chest to deck, stand back up and hop) completely different.  I found my leg going out before his or after, so eventually I just lifted my leg off the ground, and let his carry mine until I could figure out the rhythm. While Paul provided excellent counting and coaching skills, we still ended up last in this one.

We still had fun, and went back to do a ridiculous wod with Ashley, but as my stomach was still not quite right after the milk chocolate I was an excellent cheerleader.  John trucked through like a champ...(Ashley crushed it)

Amrap 40 min:
1. 300 double unders

then

2. run 100 m
10 clusters (95/65)
10 box jumps (30/24)
10 burpees
run 100 m
10 burpees
10 box jumps
10 clusters

It was quite beastly looking, and while I would like to try it, I can't see myself doing this one alone, or convincing any of the people that did it today to do it again...Jonathan and I cleaned up their bars and boxes as they didn't look like they were moving any time soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment