Monday, February 7, 2011

take a wall ball to the face!!

I've never been in a fight... and only have one person that has ever wanted to fight me and so I did think of strategies in the event that I had to use them... I think now if I ever had to fight someone, best case scenario it would happen in the vicinity of a crossfit gym.  I would stun them with a med ball to the face and then do what I needed to do...why might this work? Because I took one to the face today and it surprised me pretty bad, but I kept it moving.

Yesterday I realized that I had been 3 days in a row, with a semi rest day the day before that and two days on the day before, so while I felt well, I could take rest without feeling bad...Then I saw the strength work was snatches, and I haven't been able to work on them this year due to knee issues and scheduling so I wanted to go...except the wod was Karen, 150 wall balls for time.. and numbers above 20 freak me out, so 150 is crazy.  I was perfectly happy doing things around the house relishing in being home, when John called to have me deliver a phone to him at work...I figured I might as well make it worth my while, so I went to workout.  I debated the endurance wod but then thought about multiple rounds of 8 minutes and decided against it.  My snatches felt medium.  I started at 53 which felt amazing but then as I got higher I found myself power snatching and riding it down, I don't know why I kept going higher, but next time will stay low for efficiency.  Watching Phil get a pr was pretty awesome as his form is pretty amazing, but today wasn't my day...So I whined about the wod, to anyone who would listen, I would have shouted it from the rooftops... but I am trying to do better about how I talk about things I don't want to do.  As expected 150 wall balls is pretty terrible.  My initial strategy was kinda 10 at a time, but that went to crap.  Once I got to 75 Dave kept an eye on me, and we found I did the second half as fast as the first, so really I could have gone faster, but it is such a mental thing, and you  have to be sure to throw it properly each time, because hitting myself in the face or missing the wall really screwed me up.  All in all I am glad I did it and got it over with, though 14:37 is not the time I was hoping for and would like to try to do it faster but don't see myself doing this on my own time.

No comments:

Post a Comment